Edited Proceedings, Books, and Journals
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Alejandro Llaves, Patrick Maué, and Carsten Keßler (eds.), Proceedings of the Workshop on Towards Digital Earth: Search, Discover and Share Geospatial Data at Future Internet Symposium, Berlin, vol. 640, CEUR-WS.org, ISSN: 1613-0073, 20th September 2010.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens Klump, Simon Cox, Victor Tey, Ryan Fraser (2017), Towards a Web-Enabled Geo-Sample Web: An Open
Source Resource Registration and Management System for Connecting Geo-Samples to the Web, Proceedings of the International Conference for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G 2017), OSGeo Journal, vol. 17, 2017. (in press)
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens Klump, Simon Cox, Pavel Golodoniuc, Representing and Publishing Physical Sample Descriptions, Computers & Geosciences, vol. 96, pp. 1-10, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2016.07.018.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Simon Jirka, Ralf Kunkel and Juergen Sorg, Q-SOS - An Sensor Observation Service for Accessing Quality Control Descriptions of Environmental Data, ISPRS Int. Journal of Geo-Information, vol.4, pp, 1346-1365, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijgi4031346
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Werner Kuhn, Chris S. Renschler, A Formal Model to Infer Geographic Events from Sensor Observations, International Journal of Geographical Information Science, vol. 29 (1), pp. 1-27, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13658816.2014.933480
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Tomi Kauppinen, Sensors Tell More than They Sense: Modeling and Reasoning about Sensor Observations for Understanding Weather Events, Special Issue on Semantic Sensor Networks, International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control, Bentham Science Publishers, vol. 2(1), pp. 14-26(13), ISSN: 2210-3279, 2012.
- Simon Scheider, Carsten Kessler, Jens Ortmann, Anusuriya Devaraju, Johannes Trame, Tomi Kauppinen, Werner Kuhn, Semantic Referencing of Geosensor Data and volunteered Geographic Information. In Naveen Ashish and Amit Sheth (eds.): Geospatial Semantics and Semantic-Web: Foundations, Algorithms, Applications. Springer book series, Semantic Web and Beyond: Computing for Human Experience, vol. 12, pp.27-59, 2011.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Umawathy Techanamurthy, Zeratul Izzah Mohd. Yusoh, Mohd Hafiz Zakaria, E-learning for Disability: Creation, Assessment, and Implementation, INTI Journal - Special Issue on Teaching and Learning, INTI International University College, International Conference on Teaching and Learning (ICTL 2007), Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, 2007.
Conference & Workshop Papers
- Klump, J., A. Devaraju, L. A. I. Wyborn, I. Bastrakova, P. Golodoniuc, B. McInnes, and S. J. D. Cox (2017), Implementing the International GeoSample Number in Australia, in Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, vol. 49(6), pp. 236–11, Geological Society of America, Seattle, WA. (invited talk)
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens Klump, Victor Tey, Ryan Fraser, Simon Cox, Lesley Wyborn (2017), A Digital Repository for Physical Samples: Concepts, Solutions and Management, 21st International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL 2017), September 18-21, 2017, Thessaloniki, Greece. (accepted).
- Klump, J., L. A. I. Wyborn, A. Devaraju, W. Brown, and S. J. D. Cox (2017), Making Physical Objects Accessible in the Digital Era, in Open Repositories 2017, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens Klump, Victor Tey, Ryan Fraser and Pavel Golodoniuc, Web-enabled Physical Samples: Curating and Publishing Physical Samples in CSIRO, eResearch Australasia 2016, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
- Jens Klump. Lesley Wyborn, Irina Bastrakova, Anusuriya Devaraju, Simon Cox, and Pavel Golodoniuc, Implementing Sample Identification in Australia – The IGSN Pilot Project, SciDataCon 2016, CODATA, Denver.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens Klump, Victor Tey, Ryan Fraser, The Implementation of the International Geo Sample Number in CSIRO: Experiences and Future Outlook, Physical Samples and Digital Libraries Workshop, JCDL 2016 - ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, 22nd – 23rd June 2016, Newark, NJ.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens Klump and Pavel Golodoniuc, An Open Source Web Service for Registering and Managing Environmental Samples. In Venkatesh Raghavan and Kang Woo Nam (eds.): Proceedings of FOSS4G Seoul 2015, pp. 167-178, ISBN 979-11-956097-0-3.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Jens Klump, Capturing Data Provenance with A User-Driven Feedback Approach, The 21st International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM2015), Queensland, 29th Nov – 4th Dec 2015.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Ralf Kunkel, Juergen Sorg, Heye Bogena and Harry Vereecken, A Common Quality Assessment Framework for Environmental Observation Data. In Proceedings of the 14th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference on Informatics, Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing (SGEM 2014), vol. 1, pp. 449-456, Bulgaria, ISBN: 978-619-7105-10-0, 17th -26th June 2014.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Ralf Kunkel, Juergen Sorg, Heye Bogena and Harry Vereecken, Enabling Quality Control of Sensor Web Observations. In Octavian Postolache Marten van Sinderen, Falah Ali, César Benavente-Peces (eds): Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Sensor Networks (SENSORNETS 2014), Lisboa, SCITEPRESS, ISBN: 978-989-758-001-7, 7th – 9th January 2014 (full paper acceptance rate (10/74): 14%).
- Tomi Kauppinen, Anusuriya Devaraju, Älyä havaintojen yhdistämiseen: Sensoridatat voidaan yhdistää älykkäästi ontologioiden avulla (sensor data integration using ontologies), Positio 1/2013, Maanmittauslaitos, Helsinki, 2013.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Tomi Kauppinen. Geo-Processes and Properties Observed by Sensors: Can We Relate Them?. In Katharina Henneböhl, Lúbia Vinhas, Edzer Pebesma, and Gilberto Câmara (eds): GIScience for Environmental Change - Symposium Proceedings, Campos do Jordão, São Paulo, Brazil, vol. 40, IfGIprints, pp. 25–30, 2010.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Werner Kuhn, A Process-Centric Ontological Approach for Integrating Geo-Sensor Data. In Antony Galton and Riichiro Mizoguchi (eds): Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference, FOIS 2010, Toronto, Canada, 11th-14th May 2010, Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, vol. 209, pp.199–212, IOS Press (paper acceptance rate (28/71) : 39%).
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Holger Neuhaus, Krzysztof Janowicz, and Michael Compton, Combining Process and Sensor Ontologies to Support Geo-Sensor Data Retrieval, Sixth International Conference on Geographic Information Science (GIScience 2010), Zurich, 14th – 17th September 2010.
- Anusuriya Devaraju. Towards Process-Based Ontology for Representing Dynamic Geospatial Phenomena, COSIT 2009 Doctoral Colloquium, Aber Wrac’h, France, 21st -25th September 2009. *Best Student Paper Prize Awarded by Ordnance Survey UK.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Simon Hoh, Ontology-based Context Modeling for User-Centered Context-Aware Services Platform, The IEEE 3rd International Symposium on Information Technology - Cognitive Informatics: Bridging Natural and Artificial Knowledge, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 26th -29th August 2008.
- Zeratul Izzah Mohd. Yusoh, Anusuriya Devaraju, Mohd Hafiz Zakaria, and Umawathy Techanamurthy, An Overview of Learning Contents in MyLexics - An Assistive Multimedia Courseware for Dyslexics, 13th International Conference in Education, 20th -23rd May 2008, Brunei Darul Salam.
- Simon Hoh, Anusuriya Devaraju and Chin Chin Wong, A Context Aware Framework for User Centered Services, 21st International Symposium Human Factors in Telecommunication, 17th -20th March 2008.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Umawathy Techanamurthy, Zeratul Izzah Mohd. Yusoh, and Mohd Hafiz Zakaria, E-learning for Disability: Creation, Assessment, and Implementation, International Conference on Teaching and Learning, Putrajaya, Malaysia, 15th -16th November 2007.
- Zurina Saaya, Anusuriya Devaraju, and Nuridawati Mustafa, The Implementation of Questionnaires Design Principles via Online Questionnaire Builder, 1st International Malaysian Educational Technology Convention, Johor Bahru, Malaysia, 2nd-5th November 2007.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Nanna Suryana Herman, and Shahrin Sahib, Building of the Enabled Web-Based GIS Participation System: A Tool to Enhance Community Participation in City Development Plan, The 2nd International Conference on Advances in Information Technology (IAIT2007), Thailand, 1st -2nd November 2007.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Zeratul Izzah Mohd. Yusoh, Mohd Hafiz Zakaria, and Umawathy Techanamurthy, MyLexic:An Assistive Multimedia Courseware for Teaching and Reinforcing Basic Reading Skills among Dyslexics, E-Learn 2007 -World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, & Higher Education, Quebec City, Canada, 15th -19th October 2007.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Simon Hoh, and Michael Hartley, A Context Gathering Framework for Context-Aware Mobile Solutions, The ACM International Conference on Mobile Technology, Applications and Systems, Singapore, 10th – 12th September 2007.
- Zurina Saaya, Nuridawati Mustafa, and Anusuriya Devaraju, The Development of Practical Guidelines for Designing Online Questionnaires, National Conference on Software Engineering & Computer Systems 2007 (NaCSES'07), Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia, 20th – 21st August 2007.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Sucilia Devi Muniandy, Exploration of the Solar System Using Multimedia Technology, International Conference on Science and Technology (Applications in Industry and Education), Pulau Pinang, Malaysia, 8th -9th December 2006.
- Mohd Hafiz Zakaria, Umawathy Techanamurthy, and Anusuriya Devaraju, Development of a Multimedia Courseware as a Teaching Aid for Children with Dyslexia, Regional Seminar and Exhibition on Educational Research 2006, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 27th -30th July 2006.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Simon Beddus, Building Location-based Service with Java Technologies, The Forth Conference on Information Technology in Asia (CITA), Sarawak, Malaysia, 12th – 15th December 2005.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Simon Beddus, Positioning Simulator for Location-based Service, The Seventh IFIP International Conference on Mobile and Wireless Communications Networks, Morocco, 19th – 21st September 2005.
Extended Abstracts and Posters
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Shlomo Berkovsky, Do Users Matter? The Contribution of User-Driven Feature Weights to Open Dataset Recommendations, 11th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, Como, Italy, 27th-31st August 2017. (accepted)
- Pavel Golodoniuc, Anusuriya Devaraju, and Jens Klump, Case study: Curation and publication of physical samples using persistent identifiers, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 19, EGU2017-11645, EGU General Assembly 2017.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Gaya Jayasinghe, Jens Klump, and Dominic Hogan, Enabling Open Research Data Discovery through a Recommender System, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 19, EGU2017-5811, EGU General Assembly 2017.
- Lesley Wyborn, Jens Klump, Irina Bastrakova, Anusuriya Devaraju, Brent McInnes, Simon Cox, Linda Karssies, Julia Martin, Shawn Ross, John Morrissey, and Ryan Fraser, Building an Internet of Samples: The Australian Contribution, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 19, EGU2017-11497, EGU General Assembly 2017.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, A Recommender System for Research Data Discovery, Convergence 2017, 6-8 March Melbourne.
- Adam Brown, Jess Robertson, Jens Klump, Carsten Friedrich, Ryan Fraser, Anusuriya Devaraju, Geoff Squire, Wonambi: An Integrated Software Development Sandbox, eResearch Australia 2016, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Robert Davy and Dominic Hogan, Data You May Like: A Recommender System for Research Data Discovery, IN030: New Approaches to Data Discovery across Geoscience Domains, AGU Fall Meeting 2016, San Francisco.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens F Klump, Victor Tey, Ryan Fraser, Nathan Reid, Adam Brown and Pavel Golodoniuc, From Field to the Web: Management and Publication of Geoscience Samples in CSIRO Mineral Resources, A007: Care and feeding of physical samples and their metadata: what happens next?, AGU Fall Meeting 2016, San Francisco.
- Lesley A Wyborn, Kerstin Lehnert, Jens F Klump, Robert A Arko, Simon J D Cox, Anusuriya Devaraju, Kirsten Elger, Fiona Murphy and Dirk Fleischer, What is Next? Linking all Samples of Planet Earth, PA007: Care and feeding of physical samples and their metadata: what happens next?, AGU Fall Meeting 2016, San Francisco.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Dominic Hogan, and Ryan Fraser, A Recommender System to Support the Discovery of Research Datasets, International Workshop on Science Gateways, eResearch Australasia 2016, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
- Pavel Golodoniuc, Anusuriya Devaraju, and Jens Klump, The Implementation of IGSN in the Context of Australian Mineral Exploration, Geophysical Research Abstracts, vol. 18, pp. EGU2016-1562, Copernicus Society, Vienna, Austria.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Jens Klump, Victor Tey, and Ryan Fraser, Physical Samples and Persistent Identifiers: The Implementation of the International Geo Sample Number (IGSN) Registration Service in CSIRO, Australia, Geophysical Research Abstracts, vol. 18, pp. EGU2016–5341, Copernicus Society, Vienna, Austria.
- Pavel Golodoniuc, L.esley Wyborn, Jens Klump, Anusuriya Devaraju, Ryan Fraser, Irina Bastrakova, Kerstin Lehnert, Brent McInnes, and Adam Brown, Implementing the IGSN System in Australia, eResearch Australasia 2015, 19-23 October 2015, Brisbane, Australia.
- Pavel Golodoniuc, Jens Klump, Lesly Wyborn, Anusuriya Devaraju, Ryan Fraser, AGU 2015: Sample Identification at Scale – Implementing IGSN in a Research Agency, AGU 2015: Data Ought Not Be in the Darkness: They Should Be Open, Accessible, Transparent, and Reproducible II Poster, San Francisco, 14-18 Dec 2015.
- Anusuriya Devaraju and Jens Klump, Using Feedback from Data Consumers to Capture Quality Information on Environmental Research Data, AGU 2015: Session IN006: Approaches to Improved Collection and Dissemination of Earth Science Data Quality Information, San Francisco, 14th-18th Dec 2015.
- Ralf Kunkel, Jurgen Sorg, Anusuriya Devaraju, R. Gasche, O. Kolditz, F. Neidl, K. Rink, V. Stender, TEODOOR – a Spatial Data Infrastructure for terrestrial observation data, TR32 2nd Data Management Workshop, University of Cologne, 28th-29th November 2014.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Ralf Kunkel and Juergen Sorg, A Provenance-Aware Quality Control Framework for Assessing and Publishing Terrestrial Environmental Data, TR32 2nd Data Management Workshop, University of Cologne, 28th-29th November 2014
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Ralf Kunkel, Juergen Sorg, Heye Bogena and Harry Vereecken, A Generic Data Framework for Processing and Assessing Heterogeneous Observation Data, S15: Management and integration of environmental observation data, TERENO International Conference 2014, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Germany, 29th September - 2nd October 2014.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Ralf Kunkel, Simon Jirka, Managing and Integrating Open Environmental Data - Technological Requirements and Challenges, Geophysical Research Abstracts, vol. 16, EGU2014-16275, EGU General Assembly 2014, Vienna, 27th April - 2nd May 2014.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, An Ontological Approach to Representing and Reasoning about Events in the Sensor Web, Geophysical Research Abstracts, vol. 15, EGU2013-13765-1, EGU General Assembly 2013, Vienna, 7th - 12th April 2013.
- Elisabeth Krueger, Jan Friesen, Andreas Kallioras, Heye Bogena, Anusuriya Devaraju, Harry Vereecken, Georg Teutsch, TERENO-MED: Terrestrial Environmental Observatories in the Mediterranean Region, Geophysical Research Abstracts, EGU General Assembly 2013, Vienna, p.14157, 7th - 12th April 2013.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Ralf Kunkel, and Heye Bogena, Incorporating Quality Control Information in the Sensor Web, Geophysical Research Abstracts, vol. 15, EGU2013-13766, EGU General Assembly 2013, Vienna, 7th-12th April 2013.
- Simon Scheider, Anusuriya Devaraju, Krzysztof Janowicz, Patrick Maué, Sven Schade, Carlten Keßler, Jens Ortmann, Mohamed Bishr, Tonio Fincke, Tobias Weigel and Werner Kuhn, Grounding Geographic Information. In Proceedings of the 12th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science, Hannover, Germany, 2009.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Haniza Nahar, Sivasakthi Marimuthu, MEDICT: A Malay<-> English Bilingual Dictionary For Java Mobile Phones, IADIS International Conference Wireless Applications and Computing 2007, Lisbon, Portugal, 6th - 8th July 2007.
Invited Talk/Lecture & Presentation & Tutorial
- Klump, J., A.Devaraju (2017), IGSN Descriptive Metadata Schema (v.1.1), iSamples Fall 2017 Webinar Series. https://www.earthcube.org/event/isamples-fall-2017-webinar-series-august-30th. Video available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wi1eTgTzZA
- Capturing Forward Provenance with a User-Driven Feedback Approach, CSIRO Research Data Service (RDS) summer series, 20th November 2015.
- Recommender systems for software libraries, Lightning talk series organized by CSIRO Land & Water, 10th August 2015.
- Data Quality Meets Data Provenance, Australian Research Data Provenance Interest Group Meeting, 23rd June 2015.
- Data Quality Meets Data Provenance: A Case Study on TERENO Observation Data, MRF Discovery Seminar Series, 2nd April 2015.
- Publishing Physical Samples Records on the Web, Computational and Simulation Sciences and eResearch Annual Conference and Workshops, 3rd March 2016, Melbourne, Australia.
- Open environmental data integration and interoperability, Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment (AGSE 2014), 5th – 7th November 2014, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany (tutorial session).
- Incorporating Quality Control Information into the Sensor Web, Spin the Sensor Web: 52N Sensor Web Workshop, 21st November 2013, Institute for Geoinformatics, Muenster.
- Geographic Occurrences in the Sensor Web, Institute of Advanced Technology UPM Serdang, 22nd June 2012.
- From Sensing to Occurrence: Representing and Reasoning about Geographic Occurrences based on Sensor Observations, IRL-FORUM, DFKI Saarbrücken, 24th February 2012.
- Environmental Data Discovery, Access and Integration, Graduate level course on Integrated Environmental Management, University at Buffalo, 7th and 9th September 2010.
- Web Application Development with PHP & MySQL, Faculty of Information and Communication Technology, Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka, 20th -22nd May 2008 (series 1), 17th -19th May 2005 (series 2).
- An Introduction to Arc Internet Map Server, GIS Short Course on Spatial Data Management organized by Center for Geographic Information and Analysis, University Technology Malaysia for Forestry Department of Peninsular Malaysia, 25th - 28th November 2002.
- A Web-based GIS to Enhance Public Participation in Local Policy-making, Workshop on GIS for Land-related Agencies, Center for Geographic Information and Analysis of University Technology Malaysia with cooperation of Ministry of Land and Cooperative Development of Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia, 25th -27th March 2002.
- Representing and Reasoning about Geographic Occurrences in the Sensor Web, PhD Dissertation, Institute for Geoinformatics, University of Muenster, April 2012 (slides)
- Mobile Location-based Service, Master's Thesis, School of Computer Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, Oct 2004.
- The Development of Web-Based GIS System to Support Community Participation in Planning Decision Making, Undergraduate Thesis, Faculty of Geoinformation Science and Engineering, University Technology Malaysia, Malaysia, April 2002. (in Malay)