- CSIRO eResearch Collaboration Project, A recommender system to support the discovery of open research datasets (ERRFP-368)
- Collaborator, Research Graph open collaborative project.
Research Projects & Initiatives
- TERENO (Terrestrial Environmental Observatories), FZJ Data management group, November 2012- February 2015.
- TERENO-MED (Terrestrial Environmental Observatories in the Mediterranean region), Data Manager, November 2012 - July 2014.
- Co-Researcher, The Development of Mobile-based Family Health Encyclopedia, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st August 2008 – 31st July 2009.
- Co-researcher, Context Aware Service Platform for User Centered Services (CASP), Industrial project, British Telecommunications (BT) Multimedia Malaysia Sdn Bhd, 2007-2008.
- Co-Researcher, The Development of University E-Recruiting Platform to Support Automated Recruiting Process, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st October 2007 – 30th September 2008.
- Principal Researcher, The Development of Context Aware Ubiquitous Learning Service for Campus Environment, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st October 2007- 30th September 2008.
- Principal Researcher, E-learning for Disability: An Assistive Multimedia Courseware for Dyslexics, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st January – 30th September 2008.*
* Gold Medal, The 18th International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX07).
* Silver Medal, The 35th International Exhibition of Inventions, New Techniques and Products of Geneva, 2007.
- Co-Researcher, Online Questionnaire Builder and Analyzer, University Research Support Grant, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st September 2007- 31st August 2008.
- Co-Researcher, The Development of Multimedia Pre-departure Guide for Training in Japan, Japan International Cooperation Agency Malaysia, 2004.
Online Specifications & Major Development/Tools
- User feedback system for research data portal. The system includes a browser extension, a RESTful web service, a relational data store and a provenance service.
- CSIRO-IGSN metadata schema and registration service.
- Python-WPS wrapper for Proxifier (Oznome hack event).
- INSPECT Data Quality Flagging Tool : This online tool is developed based on the 52N Sensor Web Client v3.1. The client is extended with a data inspection module that allows users to identify and flag data series. Sensors, their descriptions and data values are retrieved via a quality-enabled Sensor Observation Service (Q-SOS). Q-SOS is an extension of the OGC’s Sensor Observation Service (SOS) that supports retrieval of observation data together with quality descriptions. Observation data can be updated with flagging information directly with hibernate queries (online mode) or using a Web Processing Service (WPS) (offline mode).
- Sensing Geographic Occurrences Ontology (SEGO) : A formal model representing the relations between geographic occurrences and properties observed by sensors. The model is exploited with a rule-based mechanism to infer information about events from in-situ observation data. Inferred events and their sensing details are accessible via online timeline applications.
- Context gathering and querying software components - The Context-Aware Service Platform (CASP) aims at assisting service providers to build and deploy context-aware services based on context such as user profile, location, time, and environment. The context-gathering component supports a technology-independent, high-level software application-programming interface (API) that provides mechanisms for dealing with the heterogeneity of sensors providing raw contextual data. The context-querying component allows services to request and receive inferred knowledge from the platform.
- The Development of a Positioning Simulator for Location-based Services Testing - The simulator supports BT’s launch of User Location Service on ERICA platform by allowing testing of the platform components. The simulator enables third party providers to easily implement an end-to-end location-based solution within their enterprise. An online site was also developed to easily manage the simulated data.
- GISPSS - A Web-based GIS system to enhance community participation in Melaka Tengah city development plan.
- IRTG Muenster-Buffalo Exchange Program, Department of Geography, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1st April - 12th September 2010, http://lesami.geog.buffalo.edu/members/alumni/
- Project: Semantic Framework Hydrological Sensor Webs (SFHSW), CSIRO Tasmanian ICT Centre, 9th November - 23rd December 2009, http://research.ict.csiro.au/research/labs/tasictc/research-projects-1/hydrological-sensor-webs/collaborators
- British Telecommunications (BT) Multimedia Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 18th December 2006- 15th Jun 2007, 2nd Jun – 14th July 2008.