- Uncovering Capabilities in Mineral Resources Through Smart Linking and Discovery of Geoscience Research Assets, CSIRO Vacation Scholarship Program, 8 Oct 2017 - 9 Jan 2017.
- Collaborator, Research Graph open collaborative project (June 2016 – Present).
- CSIRO eResearch Collaboration Project, A recommender system to support the discovery of open research datasets (ERRFP-368) (Jan 2016 – June 2017)
- Subject Matter Expert, Semantic Enablement of CSIRO Data, CSIRO Data Management Capability Enhancement Program (August 2016 – November 2016)
- Collaborator, Minerals Data Services – IGSN, a Research Data Services (RDS) project funded by the Department of Education as part of their Education Investment Fund (EIF) Super Science Initiative (August 2016 – June 2017)
Research Projects & Initiatives
- TERENO (Terrestrial Environmental Observatories), Data Management Coordination Team, November 2012- February 2015.
- TERENO-MED (Terrestrial Environmental Observatories in the Mediterranean region), Data Manager, November 2012 - July 2014.
- Co-Researcher, The Development of Mobile-based Family Health Encyclopedia, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st August 2008 – 31st July 2009.
- Collaborator, Context Aware Service Platform for User Centered Services (CASP), Industrial research project, British Telecommunications (BT) Multimedia Malaysia Sdn Bhd, 2007-2008.
- Co-Researcher, The Development of University E-Recruiting Platform to Support Automated Recruiting Process, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st October 2007 – 30th September 2008.
- Principal Researcher, The Development of Context Aware Ubiquitous Learning Service for Campus Environment, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st October 2007- 30th September 2008.
- Principal Researcher, E-learning for Disability: An Assistive Multimedia Courseware for Dyslexics, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st January – 30th September 2008.*
* Gold Medal, The 18th International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX07).
* Silver Medal, The 35th International Exhibition of Inventions, New Techniques and Products of Geneva, 2007.
- Co-Researcher, Online Questionnaire Builder and Analyzer, University Research Support Grant, UTeM's Short-Term Research Grant, 1st September 2007- 31st August 2008.
- Co-Researcher, The Development of Multimedia Pre-departure Guide for Training in Japan, Japan International Cooperation Agency Malaysia, 2004.
- PANGAEA - Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science, MARUM, University of Bremen, 27th October - 13th November 2017.
- IRTG Muenster-Buffalo Exchange Program, Department of Geography, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1st April - 12th September 2010, http://lesami.geog.buffalo.edu/members/alumni/
- Project: Semantic Framework Hydrological Sensor Webs (SFHSW), CSIRO Tasmanian ICT Centre, 9th November - 23rd December 2009, http://research.ict.csiro.au/research/labs/tasictc/research-projects-1/hydrological-sensor-webs/collaborators
- British Telecommunications (BT) Multimedia Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 18th December 2006- 15th Jun 2007, 2nd Jun – 14th July 2008.
Training & Travel Awards/Grants
Academic Awards and Scholarships
- Visiting grant, ENVRIplus Exchange of Personnel (EoP) Program 2017, to collaborate with the PANGAEA - Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science, 27th October - 13th November 2017.
- Travel Fund, Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment (AGSE 2014), 5 – 7 November 2014, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- Travel Fund, RECODE Workshop WP2: Perspectives in understanding open access to research data – infrastructure and technology challenges, 14th January 2014, Geneva.
- Travel Fund, The Policy RECommendations for Open Access to Research Data in Europe (RECODE) Workshop WP1: Stakeholder values & ecosystems, 4th September 2013, University of Sheffield.
- Training Grant, The Training Program on Instructors for Software Design & Development Engineer Examination in Asian Countries, The Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS) Kansai Kenshu Center, Osaka, Japan, 9th January – 5th February 2008.
- Training Grant, The Training Program on Instructors of Fundamental Information Technology Engineers Examination for Malaysia, organized by the Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS), and implemented by Multimedia Technology Enhancement Operations Sdn Bhd (METEOR), 26th November – 14th December 2007.
- Josh Vote, Anusuriya Devaraju and Jess Robertson, CSIRO’s OzNome hack event, non-cash award, 2016.
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) Quality Award for Excellence Service Year 2007.
Academic Awards and Scholarships
- PhD Scholarship (Nov 2008 – Feb 2012), International Research Training Group (IRTG) on Semantic Integration of Geospatial Information, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), project no. GRK 1498.
- Arjuna Technologies Prize for Academic Excellence 2004, School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Academic Prize Winner (2002), Faculty of Geoinformation Science and Engineering, University Technology Malaysia.
- Gold Medalist, The 32nd Convocation of University Technology Malaysia, 2002.
- Best Undergraduate Student for the year 2001/2002, Hindu Students Association of University Technology Malaysia.
- Dean’s List (8 semesters, 1998 - 2002), Faculty of Geoinformation Science and Engineering, University Technology Malaysia.
- A research data recommender system for the CSIRO Data Access Portal (DAP).
- CSIRO-IGSN implementation - Information model of physical samples and sample collections, sample metadata store, CSIRO-IGSN registration service (1st version).
- A user feedback system for research data portal. The system includes a browser extension, RESTful web service and PROV-based information model.
- Python-WPS wrapper for Proxifier, CSIRO OzNome Hackathon.
- TERENO observation data processing and integration workflows, data model, INSPECT data quality flagging tool for TERENO observation data, and QC-enabled Sensor Observation Service (QC-SOS).
- Sensing Geographic Occurrences Ontology (SEGO), a formal model representing the relations between geographic events and observation data.
- Context Gathering and Querying (2007) components of the British Telecommunications (BT)’s Context-Aware Service Platform (CASP).
- A Positioning Simulator for Location-based Services Testing.
- GISPSS - A web-based GIS system to enhance community participation in Melaka Tengah city development plan.